Examination under general anesthesia

Woke up at 5:00 AM but stayed in bed until 6:00. I took a shower and prepared for the examination which will take place today. I will be anesthetized and be examined thoroughly to determine the best way to get rid of the cancer. Here now changed in hospital cloth and waiting.

I feel so hungry, I should  be fasting before the examination. I only ate 1 pce of sandwich around 7:00 PM last night and drank the last fluid around 11:00 PM.

Around 8 this morning a nurse came and gave me drops/dextrose so I won’t be dehydrated. (picture below) so I have to go with this everywhere even in the toilet.

In my notification the examination was supposed to be at 8:00 AM but I was already informed during my registration that it could take time since there are also some who are having the same treatment so I was prepared to wait. At 11:45 I was told to empty my bladder for it’s my turn to go to the operating room, I got also medicines for pain prevention. Two nurses moved me to the first floor where they parked my bed into a waiting ward. A nice man nurse took care of me about 55-60 years old. Around 1:00 PM I was transferred to a gynecologist operating bed/table and moved finally to the operating room. A group of 6 crews including that nice man and my doctor welcomed me.

My doctor talked to me for a while and I started crying and couldn’t breath anymore. Everybody was comforting me and making me calm. I got an injection to avoid vomiting and finally the anesthesia to put me into deep sleep, then PANG! I was gone. I woke up hearing a voice “she might cry when she wakes up”. I guess it was from that nice man who took care of me. I tried to open my eyes and I felt awake but I was breathing with my mouth. It was right, I started crying when I woke up. I didn’t feel any pain so I thought I was not done yet until I started gigging because of that thing in my mouth down to my throat. The nurse came and took it out and put the oxygen tube in my nose. It was 1:40 PM…I was monitored at the awakening room about an hour more and then they finally moved me back to my room on the 3rd floor. I was given medicine for my urinary tract inflammation which they found out yesterday when I got a fever.

My doctor came to talked to me and she told me they will start with radiation therapy but the waiting time could be up to 7 weeks. I became even more depressed, do I have to wait for so long to have treatment. I got my diagnose for more than a month now and I haven’t got any treatment…only different kinds of examinations and tests. Nothing to treat the cancer…OMG I think I will die of depression instead of the cancer!

I was given a sandwich and coffee while waiting for my dinner and it taste really good after not eating something in almost 22 hours. At 5:30 I got finally my dinner, a small portion of vegetable soup and a sandwich. It was great, I was satisfied!

I got the daily dosage of my injection for blood thinning from a real nurse, it didn’t hurt as much as when my husband do. After perk up, I decided to go home, the nurse called for a taxi for me and the taxi arrived at 6:20 PM.

I was very glad it was a woman this time, a very nice one. She helped me with my bag. We talked all the way and then when we were in Skövde she got a call to pick up another passenger in Falköpings hospital, so it would be almost an hour extra trip for me. She was so sorry about that but it was ok, I really enjoyed talking to her. It felt almost like we have known each other a long way back in time. I will chose her as my chauffeur again if I get a chance. She drove so skillful too.

I was finally home at 9:30 PM

Published by queenkeandra

I am a swedish citizen with asian origin, lives in Sweden, entrepreneur, accountant, fashion designer, dressmaker, professional interpreter and translator and from year 2014, I also became a local politician with some assignments from the local government. I moved to Sweden after marriage with a Swedish national in 1986. Two years later we got a son followed by a daughter after 21 months. Satisfied with life in fact, I guess I got all I wished for, it feels I have everything. Being married is not just a bed of roses, the roses have thorns also and you can get it at times but we’ve always been doing pretty good. Kinder and better husband I do not think I can get, everyone has their flaws and life becomes easier if you can accept them. I’m not a perfect person either. I became a grandmother quite young, only 45 years old, was a little skeptical at first but then I loved to be one. Now I am already a grandmother of two, a boy and a girl of 20 months between them, such a great feeling, it feels like it was a replay of my life. When I have both of them at home, it feels like I was young again and is the mother of small children. I can not explain but so damn good it is. When I moved to Sweden I knew nothing about the country, but now it feels like I’ve always lived here. I speak Swedish better than my native language, better in Swedish grammar than my husband, it may sound strange but it’s true. I dream even in Swedish. I hang out with many Swedes, have worked and still working in Swedish companies. I go to the Swedish church though I am a Roman Catholic. We believe in the same God anyway. I’ve adapted pretty well in Swedish society. I think I have to adjust to that country I moved to, not the country or its citizens to adapt to me. Sweden has no responsibility whatsoever that I wanted to move here so I could not demand anything else, but now a citizen, I think I have the right as any other native Swedes. I pay taxes and do my duties as a citizen. I think I am a good role model and a loyal citizen and can fight for my new country.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: