First blood transfusion ever

This morning I didn’t get up from bed at 8:00 AM to take my medicine as I usually do since I became sick, instead I was Facebooking and chatting in bed with my sister untill 10:00 when I felt a lot of blood running out from me even if I had a thicker protection I got even a big stain of blood in bed.

I told my sister that I had to take a shower so I could pick up my prescription of medicine at the drugstore in town. I haven’t finished rinsing off when I started feeling dizzy and see black but I could managed to rinse off and took the towel on me and was on my way to bed to lie me down but I couldn’t make it to bed instead I sat down outside the bedroom door and there I fainted and woke up when I fell down backwards hitting my head on the floor. I realized I am still naked and I wrapped myself with the towel and went to bed, I grabbed the telephone and called my husband and he told me to dial 112 and call for an ambulance which I did. While I was preparing my neighbor from Germany who just arrived last night came to visit me and I told her what just had happened so she stayed with me while I was waiting for the ambulance which came after 20 minutes. My husband arrived before the ambulance came so he could follow to the hospital. 
The ambulance personnel prepared me while travelling, put a needle ready for any medicine that I need to take during the process. She gave me my medicine in liquid form and something to stop my dizziness. They took me directly to the gynecological ward who took over the care. 
I met another doctor, who took care of me, did the necessary treatment of my bleeding etc. I stayed at the gynecological ward until 4:00 PM. They also gave me drops/dextrose from 12:15-16:00 hrs.
had a dextrose from 12:15-16:00

I was finally moved to Surgical Intensive care unit to rest and there I got 2 bags (1liter) of blood transfusion that took about 8 hours, so I had to stay at the hospital overnight. 

got 2 bags of blood

I really hate hospitals…

At the SICU I had 3 roommates, 2 of them, old ladies, talked a lot, non stop so it’s so hard to rest and had a nap, and one of them just had a surgery and she had to call for help every hour almost so I didn’t have a good sleep at all and I’m so very very tired. 

After the doctor’s round this morning she told me that she will be contacting Sahlgrenska hospital to check if they could start my treatment as soon as possible. She will be informing me when she gets an answer. I’ve waited all day while the nurses are monitoring my health. Finally she came around 4:30 PM and said there is no possible change yet but she will be calling Sahlgrenska again tomorrow. in the mean time they had to redo my blood count since it showed a very low value first so I maybe staying another night more at the hospital. They made another test and find out if it is really that low then they will give me 2 more bags of blood. Luckily the second test showed a better result of 138 so I could go home if I wanted to. The nurse called for a taxi and I went home. 

Home sweet home at 9:15 PM. I had a nice sleep thank’s God!

update: August 5
My doctor called me and asked how I was doing and also told me that my treatment could start 3 days earlier, on the 18th instead of August 21st. Well, it’s not so much earlier but 3 days is better than nothing. 
Another doctor of mine called me up and asking me how I was doing and even reminded me that I am scheduled for a PET/CT tomorrow August 6.

Published by queenkeandra

I am a swedish citizen with asian origin, lives in Sweden, entrepreneur, accountant, fashion designer, dressmaker, professional interpreter and translator and from year 2014, I also became a local politician with some assignments from the local government. I moved to Sweden after marriage with a Swedish national in 1986. Two years later we got a son followed by a daughter after 21 months. Satisfied with life in fact, I guess I got all I wished for, it feels I have everything. Being married is not just a bed of roses, the roses have thorns also and you can get it at times but we’ve always been doing pretty good. Kinder and better husband I do not think I can get, everyone has their flaws and life becomes easier if you can accept them. I’m not a perfect person either. I became a grandmother quite young, only 45 years old, was a little skeptical at first but then I loved to be one. Now I am already a grandmother of two, a boy and a girl of 20 months between them, such a great feeling, it feels like it was a replay of my life. When I have both of them at home, it feels like I was young again and is the mother of small children. I can not explain but so damn good it is. When I moved to Sweden I knew nothing about the country, but now it feels like I’ve always lived here. I speak Swedish better than my native language, better in Swedish grammar than my husband, it may sound strange but it’s true. I dream even in Swedish. I hang out with many Swedes, have worked and still working in Swedish companies. I go to the Swedish church though I am a Roman Catholic. We believe in the same God anyway. I’ve adapted pretty well in Swedish society. I think I have to adjust to that country I moved to, not the country or its citizens to adapt to me. Sweden has no responsibility whatsoever that I wanted to move here so I could not demand anything else, but now a citizen, I think I have the right as any other native Swedes. I pay taxes and do my duties as a citizen. I think I am a good role model and a loyal citizen and can fight for my new country.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: