Operation of the bladder

At the end of March this year, I discovered blood on the toilet papper after urinating. I was just not so alarm because I thought it was temporary. i called the hospital and I was told that I should go for a check up on monday after calling but I didn’t call again since I haven’t had that much bleeding, only on the paper. As days went by, the bleeding became worse but since I was scheduled to fly to the Asia on April 5, I just let it be. I can go for a check up after coming home.

So on May 4, a day after arriving, I went immediately to the hospital. I had a routine check up, blood test and urine test, even several times after. On May 17 I was remitted to the urology ward and found out that I have radiation damages in the bladder, so I will be remitted for an operation sooner.

So today June 13, I went to the hospital for an operation. the taxi picked me up at 11:20 in the morning and came t9 the hospital quite bit early. I’ve waited for the receptionist to come back after lunch and at exactly 12:20 I was admitted. Some minutes later a nurse fetched me and I was given hospital clothes to be used on the operation.

As a routine, the nurses prepared me with needles, one in each hand to be sure, asked questions and informed be about the procesure. When everything was ready, they brought me to the operating room. First I was given drops, and then oxygen while the other nurses, possitoned me to be comfortable during the operation, 2 men and 2 women nurses assisted me. Then I was given an injection throgh the prepared needle/pipe/pipe on one of my hands and after only seconds I fell asleep.

I woke up at 3 PM with discomfort, tired and feeling like pee and I told the nurse but she said I had catheter so it’s ok. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t sleep anymore s9 I just closed my eyes and rested while I was monitored. I got a visit from the doctor who operated me and said the operation was a success and hopefully I will get better but will feel discomfort on peeing 2-3 days from now and the scab after burning the damages shall fall off after 2 weeks, I must drink a lot of water so it won’t be too uncomfortable to fkash it out when they fall out. If this procedure won’t make my wounds be cured, I may go to a hyperbaric treatment again like I did with my radiation damages in my thick intestine like ladt fall. I felt well taken cared of by 3 nurses who always asked how I feel.

At 5:30 PM the catheter is removed and I was given 3 sandwiches, coffee and juice. it was really delicious after fasting for 24 hrs now. I went to pee after that with a terrible pain but it was nice to flash out everything.

I was monitored until 7:00 PM and finally changed into my usual clothes and soon released from the hospital. My taxi picked me up at 7:35 and at home at 8. Now lying in bed in my night dress and ready to fall asleep!


In 3-5 days after the operation, I had very difficulty to hold my urine and at the same time it hurts so much at the last drops that almost faint, but the best thing is no blood in the urine anymore.

July 12, 2018

About a month now after my operation, I discovered blood in the urine, not much though, only drops after the last drop of urine. I still have pain but it’s not so much anymore that I can bear it. But today July 15th, my urine is clear, no blood.

Published by queenkeandra

I am a swedish citizen with asian origin, lives in Sweden, entrepreneur, accountant, fashion designer, dressmaker, professional interpreter and translator and from year 2014, I also became a local politician with some assignments from the local government. I moved to Sweden after marriage with a Swedish national in 1986. Two years later we got a son followed by a daughter after 21 months. Satisfied with life in fact, I guess I got all I wished for, it feels I have everything. Being married is not just a bed of roses, the roses have thorns also and you can get it at times but we’ve always been doing pretty good. Kinder and better husband I do not think I can get, everyone has their flaws and life becomes easier if you can accept them. I’m not a perfect person either. I became a grandmother quite young, only 45 years old, was a little skeptical at first but then I loved to be one. Now I am already a grandmother of two, a boy and a girl of 20 months between them, such a great feeling, it feels like it was a replay of my life. When I have both of them at home, it feels like I was young again and is the mother of small children. I can not explain but so damn good it is. When I moved to Sweden I knew nothing about the country, but now it feels like I’ve always lived here. I speak Swedish better than my native language, better in Swedish grammar than my husband, it may sound strange but it’s true. I dream even in Swedish. I hang out with many Swedes, have worked and still working in Swedish companies. I go to the Swedish church though I am a Roman Catholic. We believe in the same God anyway. I’ve adapted pretty well in Swedish society. I think I have to adjust to that country I moved to, not the country or its citizens to adapt to me. Sweden has no responsibility whatsoever that I wanted to move here so I could not demand anything else, but now a citizen, I think I have the right as any other native Swedes. I pay taxes and do my duties as a citizen. I think I am a good role model and a loyal citizen and can fight for my new country.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: